Heritage Point will be supply each player in the U5-U13 program with a jersey which the player keeps at the end of the season. U15+ players will be loaned a jersey for the duration of the season and it will need to launder/clean and returned it at the end of season.
All players are required to wear shin guards/pads for all games and practices. Players without shin guards will not be allowed to participate. Shin guards can be purchased at local sporting goods stores such as Canadian Tire, Sport Chek, Kicks Sports etc.
Other equipment notes:
- Footwear for U5 and U7 players – running shoes are required. We want to maintain the safety of all the children playing and Heritage Point does not allow these young players to wear cleats during play.
- Footwear for U9 and up players – these players can wear soccer style shoes or cleats or running shoes.
- Hats and sunglasses are not to be worn on the field at any point. They can be worn on the sideline if the player is not playing.
- Referees have the final say as to what constitutes dangerous equipment which may be removed in order for play to be allowed (such as jewellery).
- Water bottle – we recommend every child have a bottle of water with them during a game or practise.
Be prepared – we recommend dressing for the weather which may include bringing items such as a jacket, long sleeve shirt and pants, sunscreen and bug spray.
Team and individual photos are scheduled for May 26 and 27, 2018 at Studios Photography (4943 55 Ave NW 780-468-4929). The time slot for your teams photos will be provided at the start of the season.
Teams are encouraged to participate in tournaments – check out SWEMSA’s website for dates and fees. Note: each team is responsible to register themselves and cover the cost of participating.