Privileges of Membership
- Community League Members receive discounts at any City of Edmonton Leisure, Sports and Fitness Facility. This includes a 20% discount on Annual Passes, 20% discount on Continuous Monthly Passes and 15% discount on Multi Admission Passes (5+ visits). Note: Discount applies to NEW purchases only. (see edmonton.ca/wellness)
- Free swimming at City leisure centers (see Programs)
- Free outdoor skating at community rinks (see Programs)
- Summer swimming at outdoor pools (see Programs)
- Sports – community outdoor/SWEMSA indoor soccer and more
- Special events and activities for the whole family
- Development and enhancement of local parks, playgrounds and facilities
- Input on neighborhood opportunities, issues and challenges
- Neighbourhood Watch programs that reduce crime
- Workshops and learning opportunities
- Recognition of volunteerism and community service
- Child and adult recreational programs
Purchase a Membership
Membership costs are $30 per family for one year (running from September to August). There are several options for purchasing a membership:
1. Members who want to be able to get their membership number and print out their card immediately can buy online from the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues at www.efcl.org. Note that there is a $5 service charge for this option.
2. You can purchase a membership online from HPCL by clicking the “Buy Now” link on the right. After you complete the registration form you will be taken to the PayPal website to make your payment. Please note that there is an added fee ($1.17) for payment processing through Paypal.
When you pay online you will receive a confirmation e-mail from PayPal as well as a confirmation e-mail from HPCL containing your account information. Please note – at this time, membership cards are still issued manually and you will receive yours in the mail within 2 weeks of your online transaction.
*Note: Beginning May 1st, HPCL will no longer be selling memberships on our website. You will still be able to purchase your membership using options 1, 3, 4 and 5.
3. You can send your cheque of $30.00 and a completed registration form to HPCL at: HPCL, PO BOX 22510, SouthBrook Post Office, Edmonton, AB, T6W 0C3, Attention: Membership Director.
4. You can purchase a membership at any Edmonton Servus Credit Union Branch. Note that there is a $5 service charge.
5. You can also buy your membership in person at our events/meetings and soccer registrations.
- Once your payment is received, your membership card and skating tags will be mailed to your home address.
- HPCL membership purchases with casino vouchers or coupons cannot be done online. Discounted memberships can only be processed by mail or in person at our events/meetings/sport registrations.
- Memberships are not renewed from year to year. Residents are required to purchase a new membership and will have a new membership number each year
Community league memberships are valid from September 1 to August 31 each year. Memberships for the coming year become available starting in May.
Memberships for the 2017-2018 season are currently available.
Click the Buy Now button to purchase a membership through HPCL.
*NOTE: This method will provide you with a membership card in 1-2 weeks via mail. To obtain your membership number immediately, please see the other options on the left.