Registering Your Child
Registration must be done online using the EMSA Soccer Portal. To help you prepare for registering your child, please ensure you have:
- Purchased your 2016/17 community league membership through HPCL or the Edmonton Federation Of Community League
- Read the Indoor 2016/17 information page.
- Read the Refund Policy.
- Read our Team Formation Policy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the lower number of players in the indoor season, players may be placed on a team outside their community. While every effort is made to keep players close to home for practices, there is limited gym practice space available & travel should be expected. Don’t forget to enter friend and/or Coach requests to the registration! We’ll do our best to accommodate your request, however please remember – they are requests only. It will help our Age Level Directors if you could enter the first/last names & the community in which they reside.
Payment of registrations fees can be made on the EMSA Soccer Portal by credit card when you register, in person at our office or by attending one of our payment sessions. You may also mail in registration forms/fee & deposit cheques + supporting documents to the EMSA SW office. In order for a registration to be complete fees/deposits/supporting documents must reach us no later than 3:00 PM on September 10th.
The EMSA SW office is located in suite #211 of the Westbrook Shopping Center on 119 Street & 37 Avenue (11 Fairway Drive) which is across from Vernon Barford Junior High School. EMSA SW is open Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM during the months of July & August; 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM in September.
Indoor Payment Sessions
Payment sessions will be held:
Wednesday, September 7 from 4:30 – 8:30 PM at the Terwillegar Community Recreation Center (2051 Leger Rd NW) in room #6.
Friday, September 9 from 4:30 – 8:30 PM at the Duggan Community League Hall (3728 – 106 Street NW)
Saturday, September 10 from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM at the Yellowbird East Community League Hall (10710 – 19 Ave NW)
In order for a registration to be complete & a player considered for placement on a team, the following must reach us no later than 3:00 PM on September 10th:
- One copy of the player registration form printed from the EMSA Soccer Portal (not the email confirmation).
- A copy of your 2016/17 community league membership card from your community. Memberships are valid from September 1, 2016 – August 31, 2017. Please check your card to ensure it is valid.
- Legal proof of player age (ie: copy of Alberta Health Care card, passport, birth certificate, EMSA player ID card).
- Proof of residence (copy of parent Drivers License or utility bill).
- Fee cheque payable to SWEMSA with a current date OR a copy of the on-line payment confirmation.
- Volunteer deposit cheque in the amount of $150.00 payable to SWEMSA, post-dated to February 1, 2017. If you will not be volunteering this season, please add the $150.00 to your fee cheque.
Important Information About Jerseys and Equipment
Cleats and Shin Guards
SHIN GUARDS (pads) are mandatory for all players. Players without shin guards will not be allowed to participate.
Soccer style shoes or runners are the only permissible footwear to be worn by players. Referees shall have the final say as to what constitutes dangerous equipment which must be removed in order for play to be allowed.
Soccer pictures are scheduled for January 14 in the morning and January 17 in the evening at Studios Photography (4943 55 Ave NW, Edmonton, T6B 3S3 – (780) 468-4929). Please call the studio to set up a time for pictures.
Year End Party
Heritage Point Community League soccer program will provide funds of $5 per child on a HPCL team to go towards a year end party. All receipts are to be turned into the sports director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any HPLC member that offers their services to coach will have the opportunity to attend a coaching course and this course will be paid for by the soccer program.
Thank you everyone for your cooperation!
We could not have soccer, or any other program, without your commitment and support!
General Soccer Questions: Soccer Coordinator – email@example.com
Soccer Program Concerns or Issues: Sports Director – firstname.lastname@example.org