‘Leaf’ points are HPCLs reward system for volunteer hours worked at a casino fundraiser. Leaf points earned can be used towards a discount on HPCL membership.
TWO POINTS AWARDED PER HOUR = $2.00 DISCOUNT
Two leaf points will be awarded for every one hour volunteered per person at Heritage Point Community League casino events. For every ONE point, $1.00 can be discounted from your HPCL membership registration fee or from your child’s outdoor soccer registration fee. The leaf points will not expire provided that you continue to have a valid HPCL membership. Termination or missed year of payment on your membership will cause the points collected to expire.
The points are only awarded for volunteering at HPCL casino events and can only be redeemed for a discount on HPCL membership or HPCL outdoor soccer registration fees.
- Awarded for hours worked past 9:00 pm.
- Awarded for volunteers who work two consecutive shifts or days. Double points will be awarded for the second shift or day worked.
- Cashier working from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm will be awarded 13 leaf points for 6.5 hours worked (equivalent to a $13 discount).
- Chip runner working from 3:30 pm to 10:00 pm would work 5.5 hours before 9 pm and receive 11 points, plus 4 additional points for volunteering from 9-10 pm for a total of 15 points for this shift (a $15 discount).
- Count room worker shift from 10:30 pm to 3:30 am for a total of five hours will receive double points — 20 points total (a $20 discount).
- Banker who works two consecutive shifts (9:00 am to 2:30 pm and continues until 7:00 pm) would receive 11 points until 2:30 pm and would receive an additional 18 points for the additional 4.5 hours they volunteered, thus receiving a total of 29 points (a $29 discount).
- Count room worker working both days from 10:30 pm to 3:30 pm will receive 20 points the first day and 40 points the second day for a total of 60 points (a $60 discount).
Redemption of Leaf Points
In order to redeem your points, you will need to request the number of points you want to redeem in writing (via email) a minimum of 5 business days prior to date when the payment is due (contact email@example.com). You will receive a voucher and you will need to submit the voucher at the time of your in-person payment. Voucher discount cannot be used for on-line payments.
You can redeem your voucher to purchase a membership in-person at one of our events, meetings, by mail or by appointment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can redeem your voucher when paying for outdoor soccer registration fees at HPCL’s in-person soccer registration night. You would need to pay your outdoor soccer registration fees in-person, not on the online EMSA portal.
Leaf points are redeemed for discount vouchers only. No monetary amounts will be given for leaf points, as per AGLC CTCOG 3.2.1.
Recruiting Family Members or Friends to Volunteer at HPCL Casino Events
You will receive 5 additional bonus leaf points per person you recruit. You will need to inform us via email (email@example.com) of whom you recruited at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the casino. If the volunteers you recruited want to transfer their points to you, they will need to contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 2 weeks prior the casino.
Outdoor Soccer Volunteers
Volunteering at the HPCL casino can fulfill the volunteer requirement for outdoor soccer. Leaf points will only be awarded to volunteers who have completed their volunteer requirements prior to the start of the casino event.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
No refunds will be provided following the redemption of points for membership registration fee or outdoor soccer registration fees.
Questions or to redeem points, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.